Our youth led charity Integrate UK is looking for an experienced, freelance media partner to continue our important work supporting young people’s voice through the use of different forms of media. Our next film shoot is scheduled for the end of July 2023.
Since 2009, our young people have designed and delivered a range of creative and educational projects aimed at challenging gender and racial inequalities and promoting cross cultural cohesion. They have led high profile and very effective campaigns to change policy and practice around issues they identify as affecting their lives. Much of their creative work focuses on video production; they develop short dramas, documentaries, podcasts and music videos. Our young activists use the videos to effect change in their schools and communities and older youth members deliver workshops in schools nationally.
Our media partner will be flexible, reliable and have at least two years’ experience of working with young people around challenging issues and must be able to deliver projects of a high standard within our restricted budgets.
Our films are the strong, uncompromising voice of our young activists. They are the tools for our young people to end gender and racial inequalities, to advocate for change and to create a more inclusive society.
What’s the role?
- Work with our young people to develop their ideas and ensure the product reflects their creative vision;
- Lead on the media project from pre-production to postproduction and deliver high quality films within budget;
- Use their networks to bring in song writers, directors, script writers, composers and collaborators for every stage of the creative process;
- Provide opportunities for any young people interested in different aspects of media to be involved in the production process;
- Plan projects to meet tight timescales and within budget;
- Collaborate on the development of new work, prioritising youth voice and ownership and with an eye to drawing out the best from our young people’s ideas, enthusiasm and creativity;
- Work closely and regularly liaise with Integrate UK’s CEO and follow Integrate UK’s policies;
- Ensure all consent forms for external actors or performers are signed and returned to Integrate UK;
- Assist with promotion of the resources.
Knowledge and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in media;
- Proven experience and creative skills through showreel and CV of making drama, documentary and music videos;
- Experience of youth media projects around challenging and sensitive issues;
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and ensuring all young people are supported, respected and can achieve their full potential;
- Good knowledge of issues Integrate UK seeks to address;
- Experience of working with minoritized children and young people;
- Able to build trust and positive relationships with children and young people;
- Committed to improving outcomes for children and young people.
- Experience of safeguarding and reporting mechanisms;
- Broad grasp of media, political and social context of the issues our young people address;
- Good written and communication skills.
NB: Anyone working with children and / or young people requires an enhanced DBS certificate.
Closing date for applications: Friday May 19th 2023